Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Electric Hand Steps Out

Since my job requires a daily commute into New York, I have plenty of opportunity to observe my fellow commuters as they make their way to Work. I approach this daily grind with the attitude that, at any moment, I may see something which is absolutely astounding. The groundwork for this all came from another of my fathers' maxims, “ Every day is delicious”. So the world can be astounding and delicious if you let yourself be open to the possibility and fill your head with art. This all sounds very syrupy, new-agey kind of stuff, but if you look at it this way it may help…

At any moment I may come around a corner and see this..


(Bronzino)
Perhaps a young summer intern at one of the banks still in business.
















or this...

(Ingres)

A potential Bernard Madoff looking crusty, timeworn with a hint of subterranean deadliness.














or perhaps this...


(Cavazolla)
Works as a Barrista at Starbucks while going to college at night. His mother is not happy with his hair and he is not sure what he's going to do with his life.
















The art that fills your head can sneak into your life unannounced and its a wonderful experience to have it suddenly pop up in front of you. So gobble as much art as you can fill your head with and you will be well rewarded.

No comments:

Post a Comment